[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 7

Roland qtextended.kossel at web.de
Thu Apr 16 10:49:45 CEST 2009

Hi Franky,

yesterday I installed a completely new system according to your
instructions. Because I didn't get any USB connection (seems to be a windows
problem) I tried different rootfs images. Currently I'm running MS5.1.

I have found two problems so far:

1. The date can not be set through the GUI.

2. When receiving a call, the name is not found in the address book and the
number of the caller seems to be only displayed if it is stored on the
SIM-card (not address book). Example: I tried calling myself from my
home-landline (number not in FreeRunner) and it just showed "Unknown". In my
office I repeated this and it showed "Unknown" but as number "Roland/bp" -
which is how it is stored on the SIM-card.

One question: Do you recommend using qi or uboot? Or do both just work fine?

Thanks so far,
Roland