[shr-unstable] connman as central connection manager?

Hermann Lacheiner hermann.lacheiner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 12:32:49 CEST 2009

Hi all!

first, congratulations to the shr team! I think it is in a really useful state.

My question is now, I am not that satisfied with the Mofi application
to connect to wifi networks. I found that there is connman [1]
available in the package repository. Is it planned in the future to
use connman as a central connection manager in shr? There is also an
Enlightenment shelf gadget for the connection manager, which gives an
Enlightenment Error (SIGABRT) on loading though. I read somewhere that
the API changed and the Enlightenment shelf gagdet needs to be adapted
to the new API, is this correct?

Thanks for any clarifications!

Cheers, Hermann

[1] http://moblin.org/projects/connection-manager