Why enlightenment?

Bram Neijt bneijt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:40:10 CEST 2009

Dear Martin,

I understand that having a choice is a great freedom, but there is
another aspect lurking around the corner here:
If you buy a product from a company, part of the money you pay is used
to further the development of that company. You not only support it at
that moment, you support the way it is heading.

So what if the company decided to use that money for something you do
not want to be part of, or you think they are throwing away your money
doing stupid things. Well, I think at that moment you should pawn the
product, not endorse it (maybe even publicly denounce it) and then find
another company or product you can be happy with.

I hope you can see that, although this may seem like nitpicking, there
is more then just freedom to do with the hardware as you please.

That is why I would still like to understand the logic behind the
choices, even though I have the freedom to just go my own way.

Thank you for your reply!

Bram