[QtExtended] how to import contacts

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Thu Apr 16 18:06:26 CEST 2009

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 17:38:25 +0200 (CEST)
"narkos at iol.it" <narkos at iol.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm running qtextended improved as explained by Franky in the post
> "[QtExtended] Latest and greatest, progress mail 7"; I need to import
> my contacts (from vcf formats) in order to use it as a daily phone
> and to make some test. I'm trying to use the addressbook  command as
> reported in the openmoko wiki but I got the following error:
>
> /opt/Trolltech/Qtopia/bin/addressbook: error while loading shared
> libraries: libqtopiaphone.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory
>
> any suggestiones?
> Thanks

before launching the addressbook command:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/Trolltech/Qtopia/lib

Or, more for "normal users":
copy the vcf file into a subdir called "/home/root/Documents" (or
in /media/card/Documents), start the Documents app and do a "Rescan
system". After that, the vcf file is visible and you can just click on
it from within qtextended.

Franky