sunlight readable LCD

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Fri Apr 17 10:55:58 CEST 2009

joakim at verona.se wrote:

> I once modified a laptop by removing the backlighting from the screen.
> That made it possible to read the screen by using the sun as a backlight
> source. Maybe something similar can be done to the Freerunner?

A laptop display is hinged, the FR display is not.
Now, you can probably work the FR display loose and tilt it up. Leave
the original backlight in the case. Use a mirror arrangement to get a
sun backlight.

Some case modding will be necessary, but the big question is if display
cabling will work with this.

Helge Hafting