Arabic translation please

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Fri Apr 17 14:33:44 CEST 2009

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have seen that the default font used by Openmoko (at least from Java
> (Jalimo) apps) is very rich and supports the Arabic alphabet, so it's
> relatively easy to translate any app.
>
> Will someone please translate the attached little dictionary into the
> Arabic language? It's just 50 words or so. If it's possible, I'd like
> a version that can be understood in all the Arabic-speaking world,
> from Casablanca to Oman ;-)
>
> Simply open the attached file with OpenOffice, translate, save and
> send back. I'll then encode the characters conveniently.
>
> The goal is having this screenshot in Arabic instead of Hebrew:
>
> http://gvsigmobileonopenmoko.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/exo1.png

A few points to consider:
    * The Hebrew in the screen shot is all mangled. Some of the text
      appears correctly, and some is not reversed, resulting in an image
      that is fairly far from readable.
    * The best place I know of to find Arabic speaking FOSS related
      activity is project Arabeyes - http://arabeyes.org/. Sadly, it
      appears that the project is fairly inactive for some time now.
Good luck
Shachar

Hello,

I know window titles are reversed because of the incoherency of SWT controls - I'll just reverse the words in the dictionary ;), but I think the short words inside the window are perfectly readable. Which part do you fail to read? Having a label to the right or to the left of the drop-down is very important in Hebrew?

Regards,
Juan Lucas