[SHR] timezone broken again

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Sat Apr 18 00:11:13 CEST 2009

AT%CTVZ=1 just enables the unsolicited result code. There is no way to
actually _query_ the time from the network. It depends on the operator whether
it sends it to you or not. It also depends on the modem whether it can
understand the network time report or not. The unsolicited result code can
occur at any time, e.g. during cell handover or registration.

You probably need to look for it (read: log data) for a couple of hours or
days to spot it. In germany you will not get it at all. In fact whereever I
have been since 2006 I never have seen one. Then again, I've not been in the
US since 2002.

:M: