Why enlightenment?

Leonti Bielski prishelec at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 01:03:59 CEST 2009

Enlightenment is the best choice for Freerunner!

1. Theming - it keeps resources low and alows us to do everything we
want with GUI! Take shelf widgets as an example - you can change their
look, even functions - like digital clock instead of analog - without
changin the main code. I don't say it's not possible with GTK but it
way more complicated.

2. Finger scrolling - it works by default. If I know that app is
written in Elementary - I know that it's finger-friendly. Also -
compare matchbox keyboard and illume one - latter is far more
finger-friendly.

3. Up-to-date. It's under constant development, and getting better by
the day. It's also (Illume and elementary) is well adjusted to phone.

Just my 2 cents.
Leonti