shr - messages + wsod

ivvmm unachievable at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 18:02:47 CEST 2009

Nelson Castillo wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:51 AM, Tony Berth <tonyberth at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> it is back :( I just tried with the latest image and kernel and WSOD is
>> there!
>
> I see. WSOD could be device specific. Could you try this kernel?
>
> http://wiki.emqbit.com/tmp/uImage-moredrivers-GTA02_andy-tracking-9c4451ff31b937a4.bin
>
> It doesn't include a recent patch that touches relevant timings.
>
> http://git.openmoko.org/?p=kernel.git;a=commit;h=bd4b7e8e84ab43a13a4620b001d52d373c2122b3
>
> Please let us know how it works for you.

I assume it is not hardware related as I get it too.

Also may provide additional information about it: it only blanks the
screen with white colour but the device is still responcible --- you can
still push buttons if your know where they are or just shutdown the
device in a normal way by holding the power button.

And it is very annoying.