Intone lockup

Thomas Seiler thseiler at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 01:51:30 CEST 2009

Hi

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 9:17 PM, The Digital Pioneer
<digitalpioneer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahh, the beast isn't tamed yet. Now, when I run Intone, I can play the
> music, but as soon as it starts playing it, the GUI locks up and has to be
> killed.

Hm, to me, this looks as if the gui is expecting an answer from
mplayer but for some
reason missed it. Thanks to the while-loops that are all over in
gui.c, the gui would sit there waiting forever.

As such, control flow never returns to the ecore mainloop and the gui
aprears to "hang".

Intone should not use while loops when reading answers from mplayer,
or allow the loops to be broken
after an apropriate timeout...

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Excercise 17:
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand we'd be so