Freerunner as a wireless streamplayer?

David Garabana Barro david at garabana.com
Sun Apr 19 13:39:30 CEST 2009

O Domingo, 19 de Abril de 2009, MartinG escribiu:

> So what I ask is:
> Is it possible to download an image, simply reflash the phone, connect
> to my wlan, and opkg/ipkg install a player that is able play streams
> from my local server?

I think "SHR testing" or "any debian based distro" + mplayer can do what you
want.

I can connect to my WPA2 AP with both, and mplayer can play streams. There are
some mplayer frontends for the neo: intone, pythm, gorsh player...

For ogg, you should install tremor based mplayer:

http://www.paultt.org/downloads/openmoko/mplayer_dev-SVN-r29155-4.1.2-tremor-low_armv4t.ipk

It does use much less cpu on neo than libvorbis.

--
David Garabana Barro
jabber & google talk ID:	david at garabana.com
Clave pública PGP/GPG:		http://davide.garabana.com/pgp.html