cellhunter --- the state of development and future

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Sun Apr 19 14:56:38 CEST 2009

Pander wrote:
> Yorick Moko wrote:
>>> This brings three questions:
>>> 1. if you have big HPV-Dops, your position is not very precise. If you
>>> add to this that you have a high speed, then when you take your measure,
>>> the GPS position is very inaccurate. And the time you get notified that
>>> the GSM connection has changed, this adds to inaccuracy.
>>>
>>> My question is: do people think this argument makes sense?
>> I do.
>> joerg also said that TA (time advance?) was a good measure IIRC
>
> on basis of GPS data you could calculate a running average speed and
> based on that determine whether to use the measured data or not.

1. We have a pretty accurate value out of GPS. Why do computation to get
a less accurate one? Plus you would have to compute it out of some GPS
points. Where logging the GPS speed, you only have to read one value.
Imagine analysing a database of millions of points...

2. If I stop at a red light with my car, and a measure is taken there.
The GPS will tell speed = 0 (or very close to). If you compute an
average, then this high quality measure (you were not moving!) would
become a "you were going slower".

Onen