Watching videos on neo freerunner (openmoko 2008.12) mplayer-glamo

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Mon Apr 20 00:39:38 CEST 2009

Am 14.04.2009 um 23:08 schrieb drac2000:

> Hey and when you use vdr (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Disk_Recorder
> ) and a plugin to transcode it for small screens, you could watch tv
> live!
>

> I am a big Vdr fun
> I am trying to make it work on vdr playback first
> When you say watch tv live what do you mean by that ? You're gonna
> kill me if you tell me that you are watching live Vdr on your FR

I can watch german DVB-T stream live on my Neo :-)

But not yet recorded videos, because I havent found a plugin for vdr
to transcode recordings AND stream them.
An option would be a client that browses a samba share of recorded
videos, but then the transcodings must be processed
anyhow beforehand.

I have created a video about that showing it working in parallel to my
Mac showing news. But the video is currently about 2Gig :-(
Not compressed VGA size. There is also other report about the neo and
it's usability - but german - I haven't yet translated the video
to english.

This + shrinking the size costs another day of work I think.

What could I use to get it ready for youtube (Linux or mac)?

I have created the video with my Nicon S500 camera and done the cut
with HyperEngine-AV on my Mac.
Not good, but you see it working :-)

Some issues with navit I reported are not correct at all for now. so I
think I will cut them out and create only a short one for vdr + neo
issue.

Lothar