how to connect a sensor to my openmoko

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Mon Apr 20 11:08:50 CEST 2009

Anas Alzouhbi wrote:
> Hello!
> I like to connect a sensor (like gyroscope) to my smarthphone, how can
> I do this, or any one could give me a helpful document in this domain
> thank you

The USB port on the freerunner can be used to connect usb devices. (See
the wiki for how this is done.)

So, if you can get a device with a USB interface, then it is easy.
If you can't get that, get a device with a serial interface, and get a
serial-to-usb converter.

And of course connecting via bluetooth or wifi is easy enough, but I
have not heard of any gyroscopes connectiong via such interfaces. :-/

Helge Hafting