[All?] Dictator - the most undemocratic recording and dictation software ever

Francesco de Virgilio fradeve11 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:17:41 CEST 2009

Matthias Felsche ha scritto:
> Dear list,
> a new application has been released at opkg.org:
>
> http://www.opkg.org/package_207.html
>
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Dictator
>
> It's a recording application which records your speech via mic, the incoming gsm-sound only or both --> a whole phonecall.
> I hope you will enjoy it!
>
> Please gimme feedback on errors etc.
> I already know it's recording volume is quite low.
> anyone with some more knowledge of the alsa-switches and -mixers and -muxers etc. please have a look at /usr/share/scenarios/dictator/dictator.state
> I'm going to improve this but maybe one of you is faster than me. (hope so ;-))

Hi Matthias,
first of all, thanks for bringing us such great and promising
application; it's pygtk structure makes it really expansible.

The first time I've seen the screenshot on opkg.org, I've thought that
it's big buttons are *perfect* for bike riding. So, the question is:
OpenStreetMap mappers (and other people, BTW) need an application
capable to take georeferred notes, which can easily can used to prospect
them on mapping Desktop applications (such like JOSM[1]).

Python makes very easy to take lat/longitude from GPS receiver on Neo.
We've a lot of applications doing this. Using a library to edit audio
file's metadata, we could insert in recorded audio track lat/lon
specification.

Just my 2 cents... my spare free time until July doesn't allow me to
implement this so, if someone would try... :D :D

Cheers

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JOSM

- --
Francesco de Virgilio
*Ubuntu-it Member and Wiki Editor*
   mailto:fradeve at ubuntu-it.org
   http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/FrancescoDeVirgilio
*Wikimedia projects contributor*
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Fradeve11
*OpenStreetMap Mapper*
   http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Fradeve11
*Blog*
   http://fradeve.netsons.org
		"Love - Peace - Freedom - Free Software"
GPG 0x6482E056 (FP B996 A12C BD52 2A9B CDD3 812D 462D 93B0 6482 E056)