Why enlightenment?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Tue Apr 21 13:51:07 CEST 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:46:46 +0200 Pander <pander at users.sourceforge.net> said:

> Carsten,
>
> Thanks that you took the time to explain it more in depth. Could you (or
> others) give me some advise ragarding the following. I'm working on an
> application that was written by others in PyGTK. I like it because I can
> write in Python. Advantage of this GTK application is that I and others
> can run it easily on an Ubuntu desktop.
>
> Does something like 'PyEnlightenment' exist? Is this Paroli? If I was to
> port the application to Paroli or a 'PyEnlightenment', would it also
> work for noob users on desktops, i.e. can such a toolkit be installed
> via apt-get from the default Linux distribution repository?

yes it does - there are ecore, evas, edje, elementary etc. bindings for
python, they may be mostly complete. i don't maintain or use them though. as
for apt-get install - you'll need to find some new repositories for that. we
are actually preparing a snap of efl right now. elementary isn't included
thoguh.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com