Why enlightenment?

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Tue Apr 21 23:00:24 CEST 2009

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 13:46:46 +0200 Pander <pander at users.sourceforge.net> said:
>> Does something like 'PyEnlightenment' exist? Is this Paroli? If I was to
>> port the application to Paroli or a 'PyEnlightenment', would it also
>> work for noob users on desktops, i.e. can such a toolkit be installed
>> via apt-get from the default Linux distribution repository?
>
> yes it does - there are ecore, evas, edje, elementary etc. bindings for
> python, they may be mostly complete. i don't maintain or use them though. as
> for apt-get install - you'll need to find some new repositories for that. we
> are actually preparing a snap of efl right now. elementary isn't included
> thoguh.

I guess you can install everything easily from SVN (see the get_e.sh by
Raster). I'm doing it (using my own scripts BTW) for some months and all
works always well.
So I'd suggest to compile it in your own machine, then you'll be able to
use python as C (of course :P) to write your software... I'm doing this
and also with the help of Xephyr I can forget to write for a phone. When
finally I compile the code for "my little ARM boy" :P I'm pretty sure
that all is working as expected since the toolkits I'm using are good
(also) for it! ;)

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/