shr - messages + wsod

Pietro "m0nt0" Montorfano monto84 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 23:27:09 CEST 2009

Il giorno mar, 21/04/2009 alle 22.30 +0400, ivvmm ha scritto:
> Pietro Montorfano wrote:
> > just get back to the old 2.6.29-r2 kernel and then wsod
> > will go away.
>
> How can this be achieved? The WSOD is really getting on my nerves.

Quite simple but "dirty":
1) download a tar.gz version of shr which was running and the uImage,
let's say the one built on 10th of april, before the big upgrade.
2) get the /lib/modules/2.6.29-r2 dir out of the tar.gz
3) copy it to your FR with scp, obviously it should be in /lib/modules
4) run "depmod -ae" from your FR
5a) if you are using the flash, use dfu-util to flash the kernel
5b) if you are using the uSD, copy the uImage in the right place

There are other ways like using opkg or something similar but, hey, this
is simple and it's working :D

Bye!

Pietro