[Qtei] Which IDE for Development?

Roland qtextended.kossel at web.de
Tue Apr 21 23:37:18 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I want to get a little more involved in development for Qtei. Especially
after Franky's cry for help. Franky: I have to agree with Leonardo - great
work! To you and everybody else working on Qtei - I'm really impressed with
the improvements in the last months.
So why am I writing this mail...
I have downloaded the sources of Qtextended and also built it a couple of
times. I also did a checkout of the new git repository and that worked for
me as well. But any changes I made I had to type into a plain text editor
and that is kind of annoying.

Is there any IDE one can use for the development?
Coming from software development with Qt Desktop I think I would be able to
contribute, but working with a normal editor is not really fun.

Also: Is there a way to debug the newly written applications?

I am willing to install any Linux distribution and any package needed for
development - but I have to admit I don't have a clue what to install.

Any comment and recommendation is welcome!
Roland