[Qtei] Which IDE for Development?

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Apr 21 23:52:48 CEST 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 23:37:18 +0200
"Roland" <qtextended.kossel at web.de> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I want to get a little more involved in development for Qtei.
> Especially after Franky's cry for help. Franky: I have to agree with
> Leonardo - great work! To you and everybody else working on Qtei -
> I'm really impressed with the improvements in the last months.

tx!

> So why am I writing this mail...
> I have downloaded the sources of Qtextended and also built it a
> couple of times. I also did a checkout of the new git repository and
> that worked for me as well. But any changes I made I had to type into
> a plain text editor and that is kind of annoying.
>
> Is there any IDE one can use for the development?
> Coming from software development with Qt Desktop I think I would be
> able to contribute, but working with a normal editor is not really
> fun.
>
> Also: Is there a way to debug the newly written applications?
>
> I am willing to install any Linux distribution and any package needed
> for development - but I have to admit I don't have a clue what to
> install.
>
> Any comment and recommendation is welcome!
> Roland

well, I'm a linux man, and a fervent vi-user. So I do all my work
commandline-based, no IDE :-)
But according to this:
http://qtextended.org/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?cat_id=2#9
it seems there exists at least one IDE for windows, and another for
linux. I have fedora 10 installed, and it has kdevelop in its
repositories.

Franky