[QtExtended] call for help

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Wed Apr 22 11:30:07 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Sound Freedom
<sound.of.freedom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Francky,
>
> thanks from the heart for all the job you give up !
> I'm really surprise by the possibility of QTEi since you work on it !
> Like Radek, I'm definitely staying in !
>
> About your call, I'm sorry. I'm just a network administrator not a
> developper, I know scripting but not coding ;)
> But I told you that I wanted to translate QTEi in French & change the aspect
> of applications.
> Please don't be so sad, Look at us, We are near you !
>
> Freedom Sound!
>

> 2009/4/21 leonardo maccari <leonardo at lilik.it>
>>
>> Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
>>

>> Dear Franky,
>> Don't give up. It is astonishing how much the Qtei has improved in the
>> last month, since it has been abandoned from trolltech. My impression is
>> that it has improved much more in the last month then in the previous 2
>> releases. I suppose Trolltech in the last monthes diddn't really focus
>> on Freerunner support.
>>
>> On my side, when April passess I will try to make a better keyboard :-)
>>
>> by now I'm stuck with work (April is the cruellest month, as Elliot
>> said...)
>>
>> ciao,
>> leonardo.

tx for all the kind words. Thanks to these (and of course the fix Lorn
mailed) I found the drive to continue.
I'm in progress of cloning the git of Radek and adding all my changes
to it. After that, we can accept any patches that seem usefull. I've
actived github "issues" for this, but that's for the future. First,
I'll bring all changes online and try to have a decent comment next to
each change (so as to know why something has been done).
After that, we're open for business. Anything is welcome then:
translations, small code cleanups, new apps (Radek and Filip seem to
be working on a new GPS and video player app), bugfixes (or the
reports), etc ... I don't accept money donations though, that's not my
thing :-)

Franky