[SHR] 4-16 shr-testing is pretty good!

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Wed Apr 22 12:06:45 CEST 2009

Vasco Névoa wrote:
> That explains it. :)
> Well, Xavier, I gave up on my Portuguese accentuated characters a while ago.
> Since I only use the keyboard's dictionary for SMS messages, it's ok
> (kids today are writing a lot worse on SMS than just a few missing
> accents...)  ;)
> It would be good to have someday, but I won't bother opening a ticket
> when there is much bigger fish to fry first.

You can type accented characters if you install a terminal keyboard (no
prediction) that has accents. I use a keyboard with dead keys so
I can type lots of accented characters without needing hundreds of keys.

This did not work in SMS before, because of some UI problem. It did work
on the linux command line though. I haven't tested the 16.april SHR yet,
perhaps the accents works in sms there.

Helge Hafting