[Qt Extended] Backup SMS and Contacts

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Wed Apr 22 16:17:26 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Fabio Locati <fabiolocati at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I backup my SMS and my Contact list? is possible to export
> them in a CSV file, or in some other kind of portable file? (sql or
> something similar)
> Thank you
> --
> Fabio A Locati

according to me they are already in a sqllite database (location in
/home/root I believe)
But for contacts: you can go to your contacts and select "send all as
VCF" or something alike, I did this via mail, so the app created a VCF
file and sended it via mail to me (don't forget to first configure
your mail and send a testmail). Send via bluetooth should work as well
(remember the restrictions: only on first boot bluetooth works ok in a
2.6.28 kernel, not after suspend).
For the SMS's, I don't know if an export is available, haven't looked at it yet.

Franky