[All?] Dictator - the most undemocratic recording and dictation software ever

Onen onen.om at free.fr
Wed Apr 22 19:37:18 CEST 2009

Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> kimaidou <kimaidou at gmail.com> writes:
>> * adding them into the wav file (or ogg file) metadata ? Which format ? Have
>> you any clue how to do it ?
>
> Just use timestamped recordings and correlate those later against GPS
> data. If you to "ask" the GPS for the current location you get
> lower/unpredictable precision (important if you are moving fast in a
> car for example) and you can not use external GPS device not connected to the phone at all.

I agree. I prefer to see two separate files. I have been using a phone
with embedded GPS to make the GPX. I have used its camera to take
pictures. Without any further work JOSM displays my track with pictures
at the right places. So I guess it does correlate the different timestamps.

But what I described in a previous email about audio is supported by
JOSM too. So there is probably already two approaches supported.

Onen