bicycling with OpenMoko

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Thu Apr 23 14:57:30 CEST 2009

ivvmm wrote:
> Hey, seen many messages about audio mapping the OSM with new app called
> 'Dictator' in neighbour thread and so on.
>
> But the first question that rises here is how to mount the phone on your
> bike?

I have a generic phone holder for cars, that happen to fit the
freerunner. I plan on attaching the other end to the cycle, shouldn't be
hard to do.

I have also found that for mapping, bringing the phone in a jacket
pocket is sufficient. Just get a fix first, as the phone need good
signal quality in order to download orbital data from the satellites.

Such high quality is not necessary for keeping the fix thereafter, so a
pocket is fine. Use a headset if you also want to do voice recording
while bicycling.

Helge Hafting