Command-line Yaouh! clone

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Thu Apr 23 19:10:47 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> Personally, I'd also want to see Yaouh (or the corresponding
> functionality) integrated into TangoGPS (probably by first making clear
> that the "download" operation only fills holes in the cache and doesn't
> refetch things that are already cached, and then by providing a new
> command "refresh all the tiles in the current area (above and below)").

Personally I'd like to be able to dump tangogps (or similar that uses
png tiles) and use something that's able to render the map from vector
data. ~ something that Navit does but with some functionality that
tangogps has and navit doesn't (easy gui to save track, trip
information etc etc).  This way a LOT of space & bandwith would be
saved if bitmaps wouldn't have to be loaded but a vector map.