OpenMoko newbie questions

Foss User fossist at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 22:46:48 CEST 2009

I have a few questions on OpenMoko phones. I am planning to buy one.

1. Which is the default OS that comes in OpenMoko: OM 2007 ?

2. Do you use the default OS or have you flashed soe other OS of your own?

3. Which OS is known for booting faster than others. I use Debian on
my laptop and I would want to know how good Debian is for Freerunner?
Does it boot fast enough?

4. Is multi-touch in neo freerunner not availabe because the hardware
doesn't support it or is it because the software doesn't support it?

5. In the OpenMoko Neo Freerunner order page I have two options relevant to me.

Purchase Options

    * GSM 900 ( Promotion, Extras: pouch and headset x 1) $299.00 USD
    * GSM 850 ( Promotion, Extras: pouch and headset x 1) $299.00 USD

Now, I don't know which one I should be going for. I am from  India
and we use GSM sim cards here. I use Vodafone SIM card. So which is
the one I should be buying?