Command-line Yaouh! clone

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 01:12:18 CEST 2009

2009/4/24 Alex (Maxious) Sadleir <maxious at gmail.com>:
> This is something OSM should get into. I would like to get all the kinds of
> things Cloudmade offer (navit? osm/xml?) for all of Australia but only for
> my city. Does OSM currently have a way of working out the boundary-box of a
> "city"? If not, I'd certainly help make boxes if there was a web interface
> for sending them in. Either way, someone (OSM? Openmoko community?) could
> automatically offer zip/tar/tbz files of all the tiles needed in the correct
> TangoGPS structure.

there are multiple ways to figure out/get the data for the boundary
box of any arbitrary area:
1. go to
www.informationfreeway.org and the lat/lon under your mouse will be
shown as you move it around. you can convert this into an osm download
request via the api (see the osm wiki of rdetails)

2. go to openstreetmap.org and click on export. there are numerous
options there for getting the data

3. have a dig around on wiki.openstreetmap.org there's tons of
information about getting/using the data