[All?] Dictator - the most undemocratic recording and dictation software ever

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 09:24:13 CEST 2009

> Yes it is, we just have to add this functionality to the dialer-app or
> create another one. (just playing sound using a state routing it to
> Mono1 - not playing it back. and then recording after playing a short
> signal.) it's not hard to do, even in python.
> I think it just hasn't been implemented because each provider provides
> some kind of mailbox.
> But it would be nice because checking the mailbox is not always free!

Not always free (e.g. when you are abroad), and it is limited :
* you cannot keep a message as long as you want,
* you cannot copy the message to you PC,
* you cannot use a "I am not here" message different for each caller (e.g :
a message for my mum, another for my boss, etc.)
* you cannot forward a voice message to another person
*etc.

Kimaidou