ffalarms 0.2.1 and atd-over-fso (now works on SHR-testing)

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 06:27:51 CEST 2009

A well written app that works quite well under latest SHR-testing
(installed via opkg directly from SHR feeds).

One area I think needs improvement ASAP:  my Freerunner suspends (thus
silencing the alarm) before the alarm gets loud enough to really wake
me up.  SHR goes back to suspended after about 1 minute even if
ffalarms is playing the alarm. There are two things that would help
this:
1. Make the loudness increase by more with each step. Ideally this
would be configurable.
2. Make ffalarms prevent suspend for a time, maybe 5 minutes.  (Note
that it would be REALLY bad to prevent suspend indefinitely, as I
might forget I set an alarm and walk away from the phone, only to come
back hours later to an empty battery)

Overall, it looks very good.  I'll give it a test tonight/tomorrow morning.  ;-)

-Steven