[QT*] unpredictive keyboard

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Sun Apr 26 11:16:28 CEST 2009

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 02:15:00 +0200
"leonardo at lilik.it" <leonardo at lilik.it> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I've changed strategy on the unpredictive
> qtopia/qtextended/qtextendedimproved keyboard.
> Instead of patching the matchbox keyboard I've changed the original
> qtopia keyboard. I've stretched it a little to make it larger and
> higher and i made it unpredictable. I added another gesture: if you
> slide from bottom-right along the diagonal to up-left you can toggle
> prediction.
>
> here you can find the binary and the patch.
> http://leonardo.lilik.it/wordpress/2009/04/26/qtextended-keyboard-made-unpredictive/
>
> the patch is on Franky's git tree but I guess it works with any Qt*
> since the keyboard doesn't seem changed at all. The binary is for the
> qt-extended-improved I'm using..
>
> two improvements are possible:
>  - give a visual feedback when toggling prediction on/off
>  - well, there are three more diagonal gestures that could be used if
> you have ideas.

Hi Leonardo,

it seems prediction is still being used ... I'm a dutch speaker, and it
seems that when I enter the word "van", it predicts it to
"een" (because that word is in my personal prediction dictionary, from
before the changes).
If prediction is off, you should disable the use of any personal
dictionaries as well, as well as disabling saving to a dictionary.

Franky