[QT*] unpredictive keyboard

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Sun Apr 26 11:36:26 CEST 2009

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 11:16:28 +0200
Franky Van Liedekerke <liedekef at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 02:15:00 +0200
> "leonardo at lilik.it" <leonardo at lilik.it> wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I've changed strategy on the unpredictive
> > qtopia/qtextended/qtextendedimproved keyboard.
> > Instead of patching the matchbox keyboard I've changed the original
> > qtopia keyboard. I've stretched it a little to make it larger and
> > higher and i made it unpredictable. I added another gesture: if you
> > slide from bottom-right along the diagonal to up-left you can toggle
> > prediction.
> >
> > here you can find the binary and the patch.
> > http://leonardo.lilik.it/wordpress/2009/04/26/qtextended-keyboard-made-unpredictive/
> >
> > the patch is on Franky's git tree but I guess it works with any Qt*
> > since the keyboard doesn't seem changed at all. The binary is for
> > the qt-extended-improved I'm using..
> >
> > two improvements are possible:
> >  - give a visual feedback when toggling prediction on/off
> >  - well, there are three more diagonal gestures that could be used
> > if you have ideas.
>
> Hi Leonardo,
>
> it seems prediction is still being used ... I'm a dutch speaker, and
> it seems that when I enter the word "van", it predicts it to
> "een" (because that word is in my personal prediction dictionary, from
> before the changes).
> If prediction is off, you should disable the use of any personal
> dictionaries as well, as well as disabling saving to a dictionary.

never mind ...  wrong copy, ok now :-)
Although I still believe no dictionaries should be updated when in
non-predictive mode. I would also like not to have to click on a word
before being able to enter a space and continue to the next word, so
default accept would be nice as well in unpredictive mode ...
Probably KeyboardWidget::acceptWord() and OptionsWindow::acceptWord()
can benefit from you changes :-)

Franky