[SHR-testing] save SMS messages to text file?

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Sun Apr 26 21:33:10 CEST 2009

> And in any case: is there a way to "extract" or backup SMS messages to
> a clear text file?  I couldn't find anyhting on the wiki about this.

if you need a short-term solution, you should be able to fetch your sms
via mdbus and the appropriate fso-framework methods.
that should allow you, to fetch the sms, in a second step save to file and
afterwards freein space on your sim.

if you know python, have a look at zhone how the sms are fetched and write
your own script.

can't test right now, since i  backing up my device in anticipation of the
buzz fix party come weekend ...