[SHR kernel] strange kernel messages

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Sun Apr 26 23:25:55 CEST 2009

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 23:29:28 +0300
Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi> wrote:

> Franky Van Liedekerke <liedekef at telenet.be> writes:
> > Apr 26 17:21:48 om-gta02 user.warn kernel: [25301.345000] send
> > sigkill to 3592 (btsettings), adj 15, size 3678
>
> You are running out of memory and linux is killing processes.

huh??? Almost nothing is running, and I never experienced this before.
I *know* I can configure swap, but I don't want to do that, it would
dramatically decrease performance if the phone starts swapping ...
Weird though: this started after using SHR as base system for qtopia,
instead of fso. Is this a coincidence, or is the kernel really that
different? I also switched from the kernel of April 4th to April 23th.
This is interesting to follow up ...

Franky