[QtEI] GITs

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Mon Apr 27 14:00:01 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Mikko Husari <husku at husku.net> wrote:

> Fabio Locati wrote:
>> I think that we should have a "complete list" of the QtEI GITs:
>> - http://github.com/liedekef/qtmoko/
>> - http://github.com/lpotter/qtmoko/
>> - http://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/
>> - http://github.com/FilipBE/qtextended/
>> - http://git.karadog.net/qt-extended-improved.git
>>
>> If you know others, please, report here.
>
> Moro,
>
> This is great! I have been hunting for such a list. What about the
> differences between those, wikipage that explains which is most "stable"
> and which is "most bleeding edge" would be nice.
>
> AFAIK, karadog is supposed to be the stable one and others more or less
> bleeding / dev..? Which ones are too bleeding to even consider and which
> are meant just for the developer them selves to keep track on patches...

Hi,

first of all, what does "Moro" mean? I've seen you using that word
many times, but it doesn't exist in English :-)
For the rest: it's a difficult question to answer ... karadog is
stable, but using an unstable kernel and seems to be missing a lot of
late patches. But once he will switch to 2.6.28, he will be on the
same level as Radek is.
I'm ahead of Radek, in a way that I've been fixing lots of stuff, but
Radek is a busy man, and I was bored :-)
Lorn (lpotter) also pulled in all my changes.

So in short: my changes are stable ones (I only put things in the git
that are tested), for now Lorn is bleeding edge (has things that are
not working right now). Radek is also stable, but behind on patches.
Karadog is stable 2.6.24, but also behind on patches (and kernel).
Filip so far only put standard qtextended on github (because t that
time, karadog was very busy and unavailable), no patches are
integrated.

As you can see here, only lpotter is ahead for now:
http://github.com/liedekef/qtmoko/network

Franky