[SHR-Testing] Wireless Frustration (was: Re: [SHR-Testing] /etc/network/interfaces edit question)

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 17:07:32 CEST 2009

I am still trying to get my wireless to work on the 4/16 release of
SHR-Testing, I can get a scan to work on eth0 every now and then and the
rest of the time I get a "device does not support scanning error".  No
matter if I can scan or not eth0 will not connect to any AP.  I have set up
the /etc/network/interfaces so that eth0 uses wpa_supplicant, which I have
the file setup with the APs and everything, and when I try and ifup eth0 it
goes though the configurations but stops at a "No lease failing" error.  I
have been at this for a while trying to get it to work and all my attempts
have failed.  If anyone has any kind of suggestion, or if they have had this
problem with this version of SHR-Testing please reply, I getting desperate
and will try anything to get it to work.