[New Mokomaze] Coming soon

ANT ant007h at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 21:59:31 CEST 2009

vendion wrote:
>>Great game I just have one question, I know its not really related to the
>>game, but how can I keep my screen from blanking when it is running?

I also want to ask about it :) .
It is very distribution-specific problem.

This theme was discussed many times and, as I see, the only solution is
creating the launching-script for every application you needed, which will
disable auto-suspend/dimming, launch the program and restore
auto-suspend/dimming after closing the program. E.g. radical solution for
frameworkd-enabled systems is disabling idle_dim/suspend timeouts in this
script and restoring it later.

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.odeviced
/org/freesmartphone/Device/IdleNotifier/0
org.freesmartphone.Device.IdleNotifier.SetTimeout suspend 0 #or -1?
mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.odeviced
/org/freesmartphone/Device/IdleNotifier/0
org.freesmartphone.Device.IdleNotifier.SetTimeout suspend <old_value>

As for Mokomaze, you can set these initialization/finalization commands in
the game's config file without creating the launching script. The example of
config file (with instructions) is named "avoiding-suspend-and-dim.tar.gz"
and available at the project's homepage.

It seems that this sequence of commands works only once on latests versions
of SHR.
2All: please let us know what anti-blanking solution for GPS software,
audio/video players, games do you use.