[QT*] unpredictive keyboard

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Apr 28 00:08:22 CEST 2009

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:39:07 +0200
Franky Van Liedekerke <liedekef at telenet.be> wrote:

> I understand the concern, but when you type in a sentence (or multiple
> sentences) and you need punctuation characters, you're gonna need a
> lot of sliding ... so I would bring the most used keyboards under 3
> buttons as well. I'll try it, and if it clutters too much, I'll remove
> it again. I can always leave the code in, and just disable it in the
> layout.conf file ...
> For the buttons, any suggestions? I can take any html code ... see
> http://cityofstrife.net/hexcodes.html. For uppercase/lowercase, I'll
> use an "fat arrow" up/down (x21E7 and x21E9), but what to use for
> letter symbol, special char symbol and cipher symbol?
> In the letters keyboards, I'll add: up/down, special char, ciphers
> In the special char  keyboard, I'll add: letters (lowercase), ciphers
> In the ciphers keyboard, I'll add: letters (lowercase), special chars
>
> Franky

Hmmm ... I changed keyboard.cpp to look like this (never mind I
could've used a case structure):

+++ qtmoko/src/plugins/inputmethods/predictivekeyboard/keyboard.cpp
2009-04-27 22:21:27.000000000 +0200 @@ -1577,6 +1577,16 @@
         clear();
     } else if(c == QChar(0x2190)) {// backspace key
         doBackspace();
+    } else if(c == QChar(0x21E7)) {// uppercase
+        setBoardCaps(true);
+    } else if(c == QChar(0x21E9)) {// lowercase
+        setBoardCaps(false);
+    } else if(c == QChar(0x2213)) {// Other
+        setBoardByType(Other);
+    } else if(c == QChar(0x2205)) {// Numeric
+        setBoardByType(Numeric);
+    } else if(c == QChar(0x2200)) {// Words
+        setBoardByType(Words);
     } else {

And then I changed etc/default/Trolltech/PredictiveKeyboardLayout.conf
to use these characters, but it seems that "\x" notation is only
interpreted correctly in the "Others" keyboard, on the other keyboards,
the symbols don't show as expected (empty spaces are used instead).
Any hint is appreciated ...

Franky