USB Kernel problem with latest SHR unstable

Denis Johnson denis.johnson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 02:28:37 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Robin Paulson <robin.paulson at gmail.com> wrote:
> no, there was nothing wrong with the port or cable - someone at shr
> hadn't run depmod before creating the tarball, and the modules for
> communicating over usb weren't being loaded. if you run depmod on your
> phone, it should clear it up

I apologise for reporting this and then disappearing. Sometimes there
are just not enough hours in the day.

I just want to confirm that a combination of running 'depmod' in
terminal on the phone and also using 'ifconfig -a'  on my host (now
upgraded to Ubuntu 9.04), I found that when the phone is plugged in
that I got an 'eth1' listed so I changed my scripts accordingly and I
can now SSH in. I have not rebooted the neo or my host yet but if
anything changes I will report here.

Thanks, to all for your replies and assist.

cheers Denis