ffalarms 0.2.1 and atd-over-fso (now works on SHR-testing)

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 20:47:00 CEST 2009

2009/4/27 Łukasz Pankowski <lukpank at o2.pl>:
> Currently it increases the volume +1 each second, I may make the time
> between increases configurable in config file if you insist that fixing
> point 2. (see below) is not enough for you.

I "decoded" the python file and figured out where to change that.  I
originally set it to increase by 3 each step.  But then I decided
starting at a louder volume fit my use-case better. Until the volume
gets above 200, I can't really hear it in my bedroom (lots of ambient
noise from fans).  I don't think it would too difficult to make these
options in the config file (I see you have a few already).  Maybe some
people would rather it be configurable in the GUI, but I'm fine with
the config file approach.

>> 2. Make ffalarms prevent suspend for a time, maybe 5 minutes.  (Note
>> that it would be REALLY bad to prevent suspend indefinitely, as I
>> might forget I set an alarm and walk away from the phone, only to come
>> back hours later to an empty battery)
>
> I will try to fix the suspend issue this weekend (time is scarce) that
> is avoid suspending until you stop the alarm.

Thanks.  I'll gladly beta test any ipks you send me.  :-)

-Steven