bicycling with OpenMoko

Thomas Otterbein th.otterbein at gmx.net
Tue Apr 28 22:45:08 CEST 2009

> FR is designed to withstand a droptest of 80cm (iirc) to concrete. There
> are no moveable parts inside except battery (which might be a good idea to
> add a *thin* layer of foam to fix it for good) and vibrator (and speaker
> membranes).
> I don't think bicycle vibrations / impact is a big issue.
How about motorcyling? I heard that GPS devices designed for motorcyles are
not just waterproof but also more robust inside, due to the permanent
vibrations a motorcyle produces. However I have occasionally used my old HTC
P3300 (Artemis) for navigation and it did not seem to take any harm. To attach
it I used stuff from a Medion PNA, that came with an "outdoor kit", namely a
"showerproof case" and a holder for bycicles (that fit on my motorcycle too).

Regards
  thomas