bicycling with OpenMoko

roby hariseldon78 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 23:04:45 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 2:13 AM, ivvmm <unachievable at gmail.com> wrote:
> But there seems to be one thing against putting OpenMoko on handlebars.
> The vibrations that come from a wheel could be(and it seems it will be)
> killing for the device to drive through the forest or say off-road. It
> seems to be much safer for a device to put it in jacket or coat.

I tought many times (cycling around) that we could use the
accelerometers to measure the vibrations and accelerations of the
bike.. we even could use this data to automatically set the tipe of
street for openstreetmap, for example many vibrations means nearly
always a dirty road, while little vibrations (and high speed) often
means asfalt..

--
roby