bicycling with OpenMoko

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 00:16:19 CEST 2009

2009/4/29 Johannes Kirschner <roterguru at gmx.de>:
> I did one bike tour (~50km), and a few smaller tours with my Freerunner and
> TangoGps (before I read this on the list).
> I'm mainly on good roads, but forest, too. It doesn't seem to damage the
> freerunner, mine still works fine. I use the mount described here: [1]

that's good to hear, as is the 800mm drop-test-onto-concrete design parameter

the bad thing with vibrations though, is the long-term effect. ten
thousand oscillations (say) might be ok, but what about 50,000, or a
million?

i've done plenty of long-distance bike-riding, and even on tarmac the
vibrations over thousands of ks will do significant damage (to biking
gear, and the person...)

cheers