e in framebuffer?

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 29 08:59:28 CEST 2009

Hi,
  I was wondering if anybody has tried running enlightenment in framebuffer
on the freerunner and what the experience was like?

 The thought came from the fact that QTE seems faster. So, if X was removed
from the equation - how would the freerunner perform?

  I know this will irritate the purists - but with e providing a reasonable
windowing environment, with SHR developing a lot of apps in elementary and
with the number of apps written in efl/elementary on the rise - this
**could** be a viable solution to get a FSO/e based faster phone now.

  And with the option of launching x as an alternate - available to the user
from within e itself - this will also allow the user to run gtk apps when
required (with a little delay).

  Mostly, this will be feasible only if the performance gain without X is
significant enough. Any ideas / experiences?