Debuzzing

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Wed Apr 29 10:44:03 CEST 2009

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Dear community,
>
> it is the philisophy of Golden Delicious Computers to find solutions
> for important topics that the community has and can't solve alone.
> Therefore, we (Golden Delicious Computers and TRIsoft) have worked
> behind the scenes and are close to offer a Buzz rework solution that
> can in principle serve all Freerunner Owners in the EU harmonized
> market.
>
> 1) We have identified a very good professional SMD rework company in
> Munich, Germany who are capable and willing to do the rework at low
> cost and high quality, but only if we deliver batches of collected
> devices. Since we are experienced in collecting incoming and outgoing
> shipments, the combination is the solution.

Will they do the bass fix too? For an extra fee probably, as the weak
bass isn't really a defect. The bass fix (bigger capacitors) was
published here, can they take a look at that too?

I hope doing both fixes at once will be economical, as most of the work
is common to both jobs. (Ship the phone only once, take it apart only
once, reassemble only once, ship it back only once.)

If they verify the buzz fix with a test call, then they'll even verify
the bass fix didn't break anything at the same time.

> 2) Therefore we plan to offer this service to all Openmoko owners
> within the EU harmonized market / tax union (to avoid re-import/export
> hassle).

What is the problem with a country outside EU? If the Norwegian
government adds a tax or fee, as they usually do, then the payment is my
problem. Not yours. They post office simply notify me and hold the
returning package back until I sort it out. All they need to calculate
tax is the receipt for the repair fee. I guess this is provided anyway,
as businesses normally provide a receipt.

Helge Hafting