[New Mokomaze] Coming soon

The Digital Pioneer digitalpioneer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 15:03:32 CEST 2009

I don't think it's wise to use the accelerometers as a way to tell whether
the phone is used or not. Other things, such as the GSM chip or touchscreen,
only signal activity when there actually is activity; the accelerometers are
always sending data and that would have to be processed constantly to see if
the phone is moving, or if it's just gravity. Not to mention, it would have
to be turned on and off automatically by programs, since if I drop the phone
in my pocket and walk away, I want it to suspend or at the very least blank
the screen. If programs are turning that on/off when they start/stop, why
not just have them disable blanking while they're running?