Debuzzing

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Thu Apr 30 17:47:03 CEST 2009

Am 30.04.2009 um 16:53 schrieb Leonti Bielski:

> Are there any limitations on shipment?
> As fas as I understand you can rework only batches of phones, so if
> let's say someones sent it extra fast second day shipment they still
> will have to wait for others that have sent phones by extra slow
> shipment. Right?

Most probably yes. But it is not that you have to wait for slow
phones. Incoming devices are collected until a certain batch is
completed. That will be brought to the reworker. Rework itself does
not take much time. But testing, repacking, labeling, shipping out
again. So I can't estimate yet how fast the inbox fills up and how
long it takes to move to the outbox.

> Are there any limitations by which date phones should be delivered?
> (I'm aware the date is not known yet but lets say rework is
> scheduled to 11 of may - phones should be delivered by 8th of may
> for example).

The main limitation is that you should not send it unneccessarily
early - because we can't start rework before we have the components in
our hands. Theoretically, the best fit would be if your phone arrives
at the same moment as the components...

> Or does it work in other way? Will we have to wait for phones of
> other users before the rework?

Generally we try to do it as fast as possible, but please expect
something between 1 and 2 weeks total processing time - time without a
FR. This includes 2x shipment + some time in the collection queue.