Document with answers to most popular battery-related questions is ready

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 21:51:54 CEST 2009

Michal Brzozowski <rusolis at poczta.fm> writes:
> 2009/8/2 Paul Fertser <fercerpav at gmail.com>
>
>     Sure. And with deep sleep disabled it should still be ~70hrs, there're
>     some logs from Mickey proving that.
>
> Oh, interesting. Maybe it was on a pure console image? I tested this
> some time ago and I think that running X + enlightenment used more
> power on suspend, although it doesn't make sense to me. Anyway, I'm
> quite sure that a fresh SHR install with gsm on won't go for more
> than 50h in suspend on my phone.

Strange, needs investigations...

>     > the only time i ever heard of 140h suspend were the mail from daniel
>     > willmann after he applied a hw fix to #1024.
>
>     Yes, exactly. But fixing is fairly trivial, the soldering part is in
>     fact easier than the buzz fix.
>
> When will 'normal' users be able to send in their phones to get this
> done?

Is Poland _that_ different from Russia? Here we have plenty of places
where you can repair electronic equipment. Those guys have no
difficulties desoldering and soldering a huge ;) (0805) cap. And quite
acceptable prices too. Man, they do BGA rework, one 0805 part can't be
hard for them!

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com