Commercial alternative to "MintyBoost"

Laszlo KREKACS laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 12:39:46 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Petr Vanek<vanous at penguin.cz> wrote:
> perhaps someone can suggest a website (which i don't know about)

I was in plenty shop here. Like in big electronic market, and
specialized gsm phone accessories shops. So about
twenty shops in total, but nowhere heard about a "tool which can
charge the phone from 2 AA batteries". So would be some help
to search for specific model. Ordering from EU is not a problem either.

I have found on amazon a Lenmar PowerPort Mini model:
http://tinyurl.com/nxry2o

Which can charge the phone (have an usb socket), but it has a *builtin*
li-ion battery. So I need to recharge that battery too. It has its own charger.

Im looking what MintyBoost is capable of. Charge the phone from *any*
AA battery. no matter if its a rechargable battery, or a simple
duracell battery.

Would be a plus if it could charge the AA battery, if I plug it in a
computer or
on a wall-charger. (so no need to carry an additional AA battery charger).

The workflow would be something like this: I carry with me 10 AA batteries,
and use as many of it as necessary. Would be nice to recharge them only
once a week.

I would like to use freerunner without charging possibility for
10-14 hours continously.

Best regards,
 Laszlo