[shr-u] wifi timeout with mokonnect

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Aug 11 10:45:12 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 06:37:03PM +1200, Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2009/8/11 Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>:
> > To me it has never worked, but never means in images 20090721 and 20090808 of shr-u
> >
> > It doesn't even bother to set the SSID, but I don't know who's really at fault here,
> > mokonnect or connman.
> >
> > Anyway, connman is a real piece of crap (but NetworkManager is just marginally
> > lesser crap) sprout from people with NIH sindrome who don't understand NM.
>
> does wifi work yet with newer kernels? i heard some time back that .29
> had issues. i don't think i've ever got wifi to work

I don't have any problems connecting with mofi.
Sure after, connecting I do "wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf" and then keep a ping
running just to know if the connection is alive, but mofi establishes the wifi
connection and then it works.

With connman+mokonnect I have had ZERO success, so if it works for someone, either
that person has made some undocumented adjustment he can't remember or the current
versions don't work and he's not running them.

Rui